Could someone possibly explain to me why I am getting the results I am from the
following code:

D NUM1            S             20  0 INZ(20011039)
D CHAR1           S             20    INZ('20011039')

TEST(ED) *MDY NUM1;    // %ERROR = *OFF - ?? Shouldn't this be *on because
there is no month 20
TEST(ED) *YMD NUM1;   // %ERROR = *ON - ?? this should be *off, year of 20,
month 1 day 10
TEST(ED) *ISO NUM1;    // %ERROR = *ON - OK

TEST(ED) *MDY0 CHAR1;  // %ERROR = *ON - OK
TEST(ED) *YMD0 CHAR1;  // %ERROR = *OFF - OK
TEST(ED) *ISO0 CHAR1;  // %ERROR = *ON - *OK

Thanks,

Chris