What that question has shown the interviewers is that you've got a long
way to go in learning how to program on the iSeries.

There are some excellent books on programming for iSeries screens.  Check
out:
http://store.midrange.com/books.htm

or more specifically
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1583470034/midrangedotcom

Classic question during an interview:  Name the three kinds of subfiles,
and when you would use each.

Multiple Occurrence Data Structures, or MODS, are starting to fall out of
favor for new development.  They were used sort of like a multidimensional
array.  However with the Overlay keyword on the D specs in RPGLE regular
arrays seems to be the flavor of the day.

These are two separate topics and are not really related.  However there
are applications out there that seem to use MODS with subfiles to do
things that the subfile change keywords don't quite handle.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"MURALI DHAR" <nmuralidhar@rediffmail.com>
Sent by: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com