Thanks Guys... The %EDITC was the ticket.......................

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

============
Bryan,

If I understand correctly, your fields are defined as numeric but you want
include them in the eval to sqlStm1.  If so, convert them to character
with
%editc, I usually use 'X' as the edit code unless I care about the sign.
You may also need to remove the 'tick' around the numeric fields in the
statement.

Scott Mildenberger
For the numeric fields you must use the %EDITC or %EDITW built-in
functions
to make the EVAL statement think they are character fields.  Of course,
you
also need to determine which fields are numeric since you don't know the
field definitions.  The only way I know of to do that is to use DSPFFD
<filename> *OUTFILE and then read the file.

Donald R. Fisher, III