On 30 Oct 2002, MURALI DHAR wrote:
> 1)is it possible to access dataq through RPG?

Yes.  Access to data queues is done though APIs, so it can be done from
any language.

> 2)Is there any way to update DataQ ?

If you're asking if RPG can send data using a data queue, yes it can.

If you're asking if an existing entry on a data queue can be changed
to something else without removing it, then no.  That's now how data
queues work, they're not intended for storage of data but rather for
communication between different jobs on the system.

Think of each 'entry' on a data queue like a 'message' or 'packet' of
data.  Data is written by one program.  Another program, which is waiting
for entries on the queue will receive that 'message' as soon as it's
written, and remove it from the queue.

> 3)what type of records are going to be placed in DataQ General
> applications like Banking ?

You can send any data on the queue that you like, consequently the
'types of records' will be wholly dependant on what the application needs
to communicate.

I don't work in the banking industry, and can't tell you what standards if
any exist for data communications.

> Best regards to all and Diwali Greetings,

Thanks for the Diwali greetings.   I had to look up Diwali, as we do not
celebrate it where I live.  For others that might be curious, I found
this link:
   http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/southasia/Culture/Festivals/Diwali.html