Seth.D.Shields=zpSsaXpf3Hw@public.gmane.org wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to convert a numeric field to a character field.  The numeric field has a decimal (14,2).  The character field must 1)
keep leading zeros, 2) keep the decimal point and 3) have no commas.

ex.  D Num          s         14p  2

     D MyDS    ds        25
     D    field     1              10    Overlay(MyDS)
     D    Alpha               15   Overlay(MyDS:*next)

Num = 210.23
Alpha = "000000000210.23"

I know how to jump thru hoops with data structures to do this.  (I want to avoid this method.)
I know how to do this with %editw  (I will use this if no %editc is available to suite my purposes, but prefer to avoid this
method.)
I normally use %editc( field : 'X' ) which keeps leading 0s, but found out that it drops the decimal point, so it is only useful for
integer values.

Does anyone know of another %editc that I am missing or another way of doing this?
Well, if %EDITW does what you want, then why not just use that?

But if you want to avoid %EDITW, then you can always try:

%xlate(' ':'0':%editc(num:'3'))

Cheers!  Hans