Mike Silvers wrote:

> I was going to try to code the main method in an RPG/Java call, but I
> thought I would throw it out on the list to see if someone has an example.
> I am not sure how to code the String array for the arguments.  The main
> method should be rather straight forward as the example would be useful for
> all implementations.  Any examples?

The single parameter is an array of String objects.  So you code the
parameter as a String object with the DIM keyword.

D SomeclassMain    pr         extproc(*JAVA : 'Someclass' : 'main')
D                             static
D   args                  O   class(*JAVA : : 'java.lang.String')
D                             dim(whatever) const

D newString        pr     O   extproc(*JAVA
D                                   : 'java.lang.String' : *constructor)
D   value              100a   varying const

D parms            s      O   like(newString)
D                             dim(2)
       parms(1) = newString('parm1');
       parms(2) = newString('this is parm  2');
       callp SomeclassMain (parms);

The one thing you can't do using RPG is to pass zero arguments.  If you
want to have your main support that, you'll have to allow a special
first parm of something like "*NONE".