Here here.  I learned that the hard way in one of the very first programs I did
for someone (Under MS-DOS 2.0)
"How big do I need to make this array?  Are you absolutely sure it will never
ever need more than 500 elements?  Positive?  Okay, I'll make it 5000 just to
be sure.  Now, you're positive there will never be more than 500 elements?
Okay."

6 months later I was back when the program was crashing when it was trying to
load more than 5000 elements.  And somehow the source had disappeared.  So I
wound up doing a kludge breaking the data up into 10 blocks so the program
wouldn't crash anymore.

Ever since then, I never take the users word on anything having to do with data
sizes, and I will try to never hardcode array sizes for user data.  You just
never know.

Now, the problem Himasnhu, is that an array can only go up to 32767 (or 32766)
records.  What is going to happen when some user tries to enter 32770 records?
Your program is going to crash and burn, and you won't have a ready fix for it,
other than kludging and using 2 arrays now, etc...

Best to just go the file, user space, etc.. route where you don't have a cap.

Regards,

Jim Langston