From: Mike.Collins@syan.co.uk
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Load all subfile
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:54:04 +0100

Well first of all, I feel sorry for your users having to wait whilst 13000
records are loaded to a subfile! This should be reprogrammed to a page at
a time subfile, the IBM guideline on when it was worthwhile to build the
whole subfile at once used to be if I remember correctly for less than 50
records, let alone 13000.

Without having two subfiles, one for the first 9999 records, and one for
the next x thousand, and conditioning which one is displayed with say an F
key, nothing immediately comes to mind if you persist with the load all
technique.

"MURALI DHAR" <nmuralidhar@rediffmail.com>
Sent by: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com
10/10/2002 10:37