How do I reclaim a named Activation Group (AG) containing a service program and
then reuse the service program in

the same job?  Other suggestions?

Here's my situation...

I am working on a service program (myXrefCache) that currently runs in a named
AG.  This service program

loads/returns Cross Reference "table" information.  The specified data is
loaded from a cross-reference database

file, as needed, if not already in memory.

Several batch/server programs use procedures in myXrefCache service program to
retrieve some complex mappings.

Some sample exported procedures are:  PosToSeg, PosFirstSegXItm,
PosNextSegXItm, PosPrevSegXItm, RtvCurSegXItm,

HasNexSegXItm, and so on.  Some sample local service program procedures:
FindSegX, AddSeg, and so on.  When the

cross-reference database is updated, the batch/server programs have to be
bounced for them to see the changes.

Not a problem.

All the above is working well, just dandy, but here's my problem...

The interactive Maintenance program that updates the database (myMaintXrefDB)
has an option to demo/test the Cross

Reference mappings.  This also utilizes the same caching service program.
Unfortunately, I have to end my job to

clean out the old cached mappings.  I'd like to be able to just run RCLACTGRP
(Reclaim Activation Group) from the

interactive job.  But this results in "MCH3402 - Tried to refer to all or part
of an object that no longer exists"

the next time I run one of the exported procedures.

I don't think ACTGRP(*NEW) will help me.  I must be missing something.  My
brain hurts.

Regards,
Jerry

Better living through fine code and hot coffee!
mailto:jerryjewel@email.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm