From: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com]
On Behalf Of Dheeraj Khanna
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 9:53 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: RLU - Dynamic generation of report layout

Fisher:

First of all thanks for your reply.

Let me provide more details. We have a table in an application that will
be
generated at runtime. There are some fixed fields in it and some fields
would be added at the run time.

Now there are reports based on this file which will use some fixed
fields
and some added fields. We are using RLU for designing reports.

In PF we can add more fields but in RLU since you design the layout then
at
the runtime how can we amend the RLU design.

Now as you said that it can be done through RPG. Please throw some light
on
as to how we do this in RPG or embedded SQL.

Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj Khanna