-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Handy [mailto:dhandy1@bellsouth.net]

Peter,

>This was generally considered a good idea way back in the days of yore (i.e.
>before externally-defined files),

Although I did in fact start this practice before the S/38 existed, why do
externally described files change whether it is a good idea?  The problem is
name collissions in RPG, and until qualified DS names that was true in all
flavors of RPG.

Qualified DS names makes for a more elegant solution, but how do external
definitions vs program described files weaken the argument for field name
prefixes?

Am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

Doug