Frank,

I don't think you were bitten as much by converting from RPG to RPGIV, but by
getting out of the OPM Activation group scheme.

The OPM Activation group scheme seems to be that programs all run in the
*Default activation group.  Everything is in the same activation group, and you
don't do a RCLRSC.  If you compile everything to run in the *Default activation
group most activation group problems you mentioned would go away.

The application was originally written in OPM, and runs that way.  Now, if you
want to further get away from the OPM model and run in different activation
groups, it is time to hit the ILE Concepts, as others suggested, and determine
which would be the best method for your application.  There are different
schemes you can go with, depending on what works for you.

Some people run different activation groups depending on application, an AP
activation group, an AR activation group, Invoice, etc...

What seems to be a fairly common practice, from messages I see, is to have an
initial program either run in a named activation group, or *New, and sub
programs run in *Caller.  Again, what works best for you.

Regards,

Jim Langston