hey guys,

i'm trying to test for numeric overflow, but it doesn't seem to be working.

here is my V5R1 code:

C                   if        99  <  %diff( $CDate :
C                                           $BDate : *d ) + 1
C                   eval      @Status  =  '2'
C                   else
C                   eval      $WrkDay  =  %diff( $CDate :
C                                                $BDate : *d ) + 1
C                   end

$WrkDay is 2S 0D

$Cdate is date type value = 2002-03-09
$Bdate is date type value = 2002-07-04

So, obviously the number of days between those two dates will be more than
99.

why then is my program bombing on the eval $wrkday line?  if the IF
statement above it works the way I think it should, it would bypass the
eval, shouldn't it?

if this is some sort of precision problem, how should I be testing for
overflow?

thanks!

rick