Smith, Nelson wrote:
> Hans,
>
> On tighter debugging, I've determined that the 601 error is occuring on a
> CLEAR *ALL to the MODS name.  ...

OK, the simple answer is "Don't do that!".

Basically, CLEAR *ALL MODS doesn't know squat about how much storage
is really allocated to the data structure.  It just knows what
you've told the compiler, and you've told the compiler that your
data structure has 32767 occurrences.  If you've only allocated
storage for 10000 occurrences, once CLEAR *ALL gets past those 10000
occurrences, you're in dangerous territory.  Maybe you'll abend on
the 10001'st occurrence, maybe later.  But sooner or later you're
going to reach the limit of allocated storage.

Cheers!  Hans