Well I too think the answer is probably no.  But it
doesn't hurt to ask!  Java's great and it doesn't have
some of the pitfalls of C/C++ but as you imply, the
JVM environment doesn't truly gel with OS/400.  In
fact I see a proliferation of 'environments' happening
- which is good to see new things on the box - but
integration is everything.

I'm glad for the improvements to the RPG language and
look forward to more.