-----Original Message-----
From: Bartell, Aaron L. (TC) [mailto:ALBartell@taylorcorp.com]

I know how to dynamically build an FTP script in an RPG program and then
execute that script from a CL program with the FTP CL command, but I am
wondering if I can do a QCMDEXC from within a RPG program and get the same
results?

I am basically trying to take all of the FTP processes out of the CL program
and put it into the RPG program for reasons I don't wish to take the time to
explain.

Here is what I am doing, but it doesn't seem to be executing the FTP
command.

         qCmdCmd = 'OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/QFTPSRC)
MBR(FTPSCRIPT)';
         exsr $qCmdExc;

         qCmdCmd = 'FTP RMTSYS(172.99.99.99)';
         exsr $qCmdExc;

       . . .

     C     $qCmdExc      BEGSR
     C                   call      'QCMDEXC'                            01
     C                   parm                    qCmdCmd
     C                   parm                    qCmdLen
     C                   ENDSR

note: Member FTPSCRIPT does have FTP commands in it to process.

Anybody got any suggestions,
Aaron Bartell