Scott,

Thanks for the example, trying it I found that DEBUG does not seem to
like it when you open files that it is using. I also tried using the
PASE terminal support with QSH running and vice-versa but it says the
shell is already running.

It does open a new set of files -- I found that opening 0,1,2 calling
qsh and then opening 0,1,2 works fine (no close is necessary because qsh
does make these available again). When I try this though I get an error
that would imply that QSH does not care that it is stepping on the prior
open, which could be bad. I am not sure how QSH or QP2Term detect an
existing shell.

David Morris

>>> klemscot@klements.com 04/15/02 18:11 PM >>>

...Right, if you do redirecting, the shell will open a new STDIN/STDOUT
for
you to go to a pipe, or a file, or whatever.   You don't open it
yourself
in other environments.