From: Smith, Nelson [mailto:NSmith@lincare.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 12:51 PM
To: 'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: FW: Keyword on DSPF entry field

You're right of course, but how do you get that across to thousands of
low-level clerks in remote offices, pounding on PC keyboards, who've never
heard of 5250, whom you've never met and never will?  Telling them not to do
it is fruitless.  If it can be done on a PC keyboard, it will be.  We have
to invent our own protections back here in our own applications and the
reasonableness tests are about the only viable solution I've heard.

The fact that this is such a universal problem and has been around for so
long now, is what led me to suspect that, surely, someone had come up with a
solution to it by now, and I was just ignorant of what it was.  Apparently
not, and I think we've pretty well beat it to death now.  I apologize for
having asked.

This message originates from Lincare Holdings Inc. It contains information
which maybe confidential or privileged and is intended only for the
individual or entity named above.
It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the
contents of this message.
All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to
be attributed to Lincare Holdings Inc., and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer.
If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at
MailAdmin@lincare.com or (800) 284-2006.