Bob,

Thanks for that - it's a little bit much to chew on immediately, but I WILL
parse it, run it through an interpreter and get back to you - I promise!

the first thing I'll do is strip all references to "dynamic memory
allocation" due to the fact that it'll be a cold day in cuba that I do
anything like that on purpose!  that just makes my brain hurt... ;P

I'm sure that after a few trys, and getting bit a couple times, i'll have
an epiphany and the little light bulb will go on above my head and then
(and only then) I'll 'get it'.

thanks for being patient,

rick
--original message, clipped severely---

I said:
>>But I've just had a real block on the ile stuff.  <snip>

Bob said, in part...:
This is normal. ILE was never implemented the way that Paul Remptima
originally designed it or intended it to be. It supposed to be elegant
and simply.

I sat in a room at IBM years ago when they said they were going to do
ILE, The called it "NPM" at the time ("New Program Model") and started
<snip>