From: John Taylor [mailto:jtaylor@rpg2java.com]
Sent: 01 March, 2002 16:10
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: RPG 'CPAN' site

V4R2, V4R5.... so what!  I learned ILE on V3R1.

Maybe this doesn't apply to you Peter, or to Martin, but there is much that
can be learned on a V4R2 system by the average RPG III developer.

You (speaking in general) have systems available to learn on, documentation
freely available on the web, and world class talent --including the compiler
developers-- right here on this list whom are willing to help you. If half
as much effort went into utilizing these resources as is currently expended
in the creative formulation of new "ya but" excuses, we probably wouldn't be
having this conversation.

John Taylor