On 22 Feb 2002 at 11:42, Kevin Monahan wrote:

> How is the BRKMSG parameter of your interactive job set?  If set to *HOLD,
> no message will be displayed to your screen.

Kevin,

*NORMAL is the current setting.

On 22 Feb 2002 at 16:37, Martin Rowe wrote:

> Do you have a message subfile on your screen to receive & display the
> message? Other than that it looks okay. What level on the program stack
> do you need it to be sent? to the invoking one, or one further back?

Martin,

I don't have a message subfile.  Do I have to?  What I was
trying to do was have my RPGLE program do what SNDPGMMSG does
from a CL.  If I call a CL that contains the following
command:

SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGDTA(&MSGTXT)

where &MSGTXT = "The message I want to send"

Then the words "The message I want to send." appears at the
bottom of my screen, when I call from a command line, or from
a program displaying a *DSPF with a message subfile.

SNDPGMMSG defaults it's stack entries as follows:

Call stack entry message queue:  TOPGMQ
  Relationship . . . . . . . . .                *PRV
  Call stack entry identifier:
  Call stack entry . . . . . . .                *

  Module . . . . . . . . . . . .                *NONE
  Bound program  . . . . . . . .                *NONE
Send to non-pgm message queue  . TOMSGQ         *TOPGMQ

I thought that using * for the call stack entry and 1 for the
call stack counter would have the same impact as the
*PRV/*/*NONE/*NONE entries for the TOPGMQ parameter of the
SNDPGMMSG command.  These are the default entries.  I've tried
* 0, * 1, * 2, etc. to no effect.

Maybe this won't work?  If not, would I have any alternative
API?

--Chris