I have a whole app that came from MC code al while ago.  Here is a snippet.
Let me know If you want the whole app and I will email privately as this
list does not allow attachments.

 ICHKVAR      DS                            512
 I                                    B  13  160CHKAVL
 I                                    B  17  200CHKOFF
 I                                    B  21  240CHKLEN
 IAIDVAR      DS                            512
 I                                    B  13  160AIDAVL
 I                                    B  29  320AIDOFF
 I                                    B  33  360AIDLEN
 IINPDCT     IDS                            172
 I I            12                    B   1   40DCTOFF
 I I            1                     B   5   80DCTNUM
 I I            0                     B   9  120DCTRSV
 I                                       13  32 INPDC1
 I                                       33  52 INPDC2
 IWKFLDS     IDS
 I I            512                   B   1   40RCVLEN
 I I            172                   B   5   80INPLEN
 I                                    B   9  120WRDLEN
 I                                    B  13  160OUTDCT
 I                                    B  17  200OUTLEN
 I                                    B  21  240OFFBIN
 I                                       21  24 OFFCHR
 I                                    B  25  280LENBIN
 I                                       25  28 LENCHR
 IERROR      IDS
 I                                    B   1   40BYTPRV

   * Call "Check Spelling" API to retrieve misspelled words
  C                     CALL 'QTWCHKSP'
  C                     PARM           CHKVAR
  C                     PARM           RCVLEN
  C                     PARM 'CHKW0100'FMTNAM  8
  C                     PARM           TEXT
  C                     PARM           WRDLEN
  C                     PARM           INPDCT
  C                     PARM           INPLEN
  C                     PARM           OUTDCT
  C                     PARM           OUTLEN
  C                     PARM           ERROR
   *
  * Process misspelled words until no more or user cancels
 C           COUNT     DOWLTCHKAVL
 C           *IN03     ANDEQ*OFF
 C           CHKOFF    ADD  1         X       40
 C           4         SUBSTCHKVAR:X  OFFCHR
 C                     ADD  4         X
 C           4         SUBSTCHKVAR:X  LENCHR
 C                     ADD  CHKLEN    CHKOFF
 C           OFFBIN    ADD  1         X
 C           LENBIN    SUBSTCHKVAR:X  WRD    25 P
 C                     Z-ADDLENBIN    LENWRD  30
 C                     EXSR AIDSPL
 C                     END
  *
 C                     ENDSR

 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation

As I said before, I am attempting to follow the documentation but it is not
working. I have checked the error code and it is not helping.

I am not looking for help in debugging my program. I was hoping someone who
has used this API would have an example that I could follow..

Albert York