Your information is rather sketchy at best, code snippets would help, the
f-spec
and "some" of your c-specs.

But before that I will take what you have given me so far -
I assume you mean by progressing sequentially that you want to
read by the key of the logical, make sure you have the K in your F-spec to
read the file by key.

Also without seeing a code snippet, I do hope your file is full-procedural
and
not input primary for your read loop.

After some more information gets our way, we can be of more assistance -

I welcome you to the most versatile computer in the world (ok so I am
somewhat biased)

Mark A. Manske
Sr. Project Lead
Fleming CSD - Plymouth