Group,

I just looked through the archives to see if any messages have been
posted about Java embedded in RPG. Since I can't find any, I am guessing
that the jury is still out. Has anyone been using this functionality?
Was it useful or cumbersome?

In order to make a Java program more accessible to AS/400 programmers, I
thought it might be a good idea to create an RPG wrapper. So far it has
been quite a bit more work than I expected. Most of the work is in
trying to find examples of the simplest things like creating a new
object, converting data from a varying length character field to a
string object etc.

At this point I am thinking that it will take hours to provide my
RPG/Java example where the Java example took about 5 minutes. When I am
done, it will reasonably easy to use for an RPG programmer to use this
Java code. However, it would be very easy for a Java programmer to use.
Do others see value in providing this type of interface?

David Morris