                    rpg400-l-admin@midr       Subject:     RE: Accessing IFS
from RPG
                    ange.com

                    11/27/2001 02:29 PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

please explain having them ftp then directly. I am new to using the IFS
so be gentle and full of details and examples.

Thanks

Hoss

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@dekko.com [mailto:rob@dekko.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 1:17 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Accessing IFS from RPG

Since they are fixed length records, you could have them ftp them
directly
into your externally defined file.  Here's one idea though.  Define the
file internally as one big field.  After you check each substring for
data
validity, then move the one big field into an external data structure
based
on the file itself.  Then process the data structure fields as normal.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Bruce Collins"
                    <bacollins@twitchel       To:
<rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    lcorp.com>                cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    rpg400-l-admin@midr       Subject:     RE: Accessing
IFS from RPG
                    ange.com

                    11/27/2001 02:17 PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

the people will send me files daily and the way I had thought to do it
was to have them FTP them. They will be sending fixed length records in
these files. They will be doing this from a PC. Please if you can see a
better way then let me know. You will not hurt my feelings. <VBG>

Hoss