Umm.. I'm scratching my head here trying to figure out what you
are trying to say.

You stated that you didn't like the semi colons at the end of
if type statements (if, else, etc...) but I'm stating that it's,
IMO, a better more natural way of doing it.

C doesn't use them for particular reasons that are C's alone,
being that statements surrounded by braces are treated as one
statement for many purposes if (condition} {statements}; is the
if statement syntax, and if you notice there is a semi colon
required on the end.  That is one statement in C. (Ignoring
else right now just because)

That condition does not apply to RPG.  In Freeformat RPG the
syntax is more like (I haven't actually seen the syntax but can
gather from samples seen):
if condition;
statements;
endif;

That is 3 or more separate statements, not one.

Actually, wasnt' this discussion already had on this list a while
back?  I believe it should be in the archives, a search for
"if statement freeformat" should bring it up.

Regards,

Jim Langston