From: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Kmh0421@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 2:07 PM
To: RPG400-L@midrange.com
Subject: Fwd: INFDS Sy 36 PSDStr... Issue

Ok, my real problem is this.... I am NOT a 36 pro.... need help!!
As you may remember, I am rewriting old icky stuff , still, into newer old
icky stuff per client requirement, demand, edict, etc. Anyway, what I have
do is this:
I am creating transactions in a 64 character flat file. Some of the records
are Batch Hdr records (i.e. Positions 1-4 are 'B', '1234', etc.etc.) and
some
are detail records (i.e. Positions 1-16 are 'A', 'TAG123', 'PART123456',
xxxx
etc etc etc....). I have the last 13 positions of the record to hold
whatever
I wish. I need to be able to retrieve the records later in the program for
'REVIEW'. On one screen, I need to ROLL through the Header records and allow
the user to modify them, on another screen, I need to ROLL through the
Detail
records for the associated Header record to allow modification of them. The
records in the transaction file will be written by different workstations. I
am only supposed to show the records written by the workstation the user is
using. The program must run in 36 mode, and later will be 'converted' (by a
package) to a 400 program.
Soooooo, I am thinking I must use my 13 positions to store Batch (4) Batch
Start RRN (4) Prev Dtl Rcd RRN (4) and a 1? position WSID.
I need to get the RRN of the record - how? the WSID of the record - how?
Any help is most GREATLY appreciated.
Kathie