From: "Bob Cozzi \(RPGIV\)" <cozzi@rpgiv.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 07:33:58 -0500

>This is an unexpected behavior I found when doing Y2k work.
>The DATFMT keyword on the HEADER spec controls the format of *DATE. The
>format it uses is that of the job that's compiling the program, not the
>job running the program.

Bob, the DATFMT keyword does not control the format of *DATE.
*DATE is controlled by the DATEDIT keyword.  The only thing
that's controlled by the job date format is the format of
the date part of a numeric result for the TIME opcode.

This is not new behaviour.  RPG III works exactly the same way
(regarding the H spec and the TIME opcode).

(The DATFMT keyword controls the default type for date fields.)

Barbara Morris