The OpnQryF statement has an open scope keyword similar to the override
scope. Don't forget it. We ran into the same situation and thought OVRDBF
would take care of the problem and didn't.

                            Open Query File (OPNQRYF)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Commitment control active  . . .   *NO           *NO, *YES
 Open scope . . . . . . . . . . .   *ACTGRPDFN    *ACTGRPDFN, *ACTGRP, *JOB

Patrick Conner
www.ConnecTown.com
(828) 244-0822

                    Douglas Handy
                    <dhandy1@bellsout        To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    h.net>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: Match field of
file A out of sequence
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    08/18/01 10:44 PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

If you are using RPG IV, you may want to try changing the override to:

  OVRDBF FILE(xxx) SHARE(*YES) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) ...

and see what happens.

Check your activation group and override scope if using ILE.  Make sure the
file
has an override with share *YES.  Make sure the primary file has a K for
keyed
access.