  • Subject: Re: *** ADMIN: Virus!!!
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:09:56 -0500

And since you posted this to the list instead of offline...

Light years are a unit of measure, not a length of time.  A light year is
the distance that light may travel in a years time.  Basically a larger
distance than most of us have to worry about, unless, of course, you study
astronomy.  "Hey that star burnt out!  But it's so far away it actually
burnt out 5 years ago.  Gee, then I guess were a little late to rush aid to
the inhabitants on that planet by it - s#!& happens."

Would your sentence have made sense if you had said "you are
miles/kilometers ahead of me..."?

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    Kevin H

                    <kevinh@KMTCINC.N        To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    ET>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: *** ADMIN:
Virus!!!
                    owner-rpg400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/06/01 10:55 AM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Gary

Looking at your date/time stamp,
you are light years ahead of me...

At 10:21 PM 1/5/2016, you wrote:
>And NEVER open an attachment unless you know its point of origin!
>
>Gary Guthrie
>
>David Gibbs wrote:
> >
> > Folks:
> >
> > It's apparent to most people that someone who was subscribed to various
> > mailing lists had a virus on their system.  Every time this person
received
> > a message, the virus would auto respond to the message attempting to
> > replicate itself.
> >
> > I have removed all apparent subscriptions this person had, so the
problem
> > should be gone now.
> >
> > Remember: it's always good to have local virus protection on your PC.
And
david@midrange.com

david@midrange.com