  • Subject: Re: PF contains multiple Members
  • From: BillsVilla@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:06:16 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2001 5:10:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, JOBLE@amkor.com
writes:

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to retrieve multiple members from a PF file at the
same
time
using RPGLE and SQL ?

Ex:
         If File A contain 10 members and i wanted to retrieve 3 members
at the
same time.

Thank you in advance,
Jonathan

There are many ways to do this. The obvious is by using OVRDBF with something
simple like a ? in the CL to cause it to prompt. Depending on the amount of
time you want to spend and how you want to select the records you could get a
little more complicated.

For instance, if you want to select only a specific quarter of information
you could do DSPFFD *MBRLIST *OUTFILE and have all the member information is
a file. At that point you could use RPG or CL to read the records in that
file and select only the ones you want by member name, date, or what ever.

As you can see your needs may vary and the amount of time you want to spend
on it will vary. The QD(quick and dirty) is just the OVRDBF with a ? to
select the members.

Bill