  • Subject: Re: Future of AS/400 ??????????????:(:
  • From: "Jim Franz" <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:34:15 -0500

I would also agree that RPG can play a big part in web programming. In the
same way we have a broad range of AS400 models for various loads, there
are various tools, RPG included, that can do a wonderful job. There are
several resources within IBM for learning RPG/CGI, most notably the
easy400 site at http://195.183.8.2 (with free,working code).
Also tools like ProGen's WebSmart,the Lansa tool, and others, that generate
both RPG and HTML part for you. Not every shop can justify a WebSphere
environment, and the technicians to get it going. One size does not fit all.
I expect
to be very busy in RPG for years to come. But I have had to add HTML and
others to be able to do web work.
jim franz