  • Subject: RE: Clever UNIX/C Constructs
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:38:05 -0800

Sorry, I was exaggerating a bit for rhetorical purposes and using the
standard joke form of substituting the effect for the cause.  After all,
there _is_ an obfuscated C contest.

People do try to cram as much stuff as possible into one expression to show
off.  I doubt that was Kernighan and Richie's intent.