  • Subject: Re: Clever UNIX/C Constructs
  • From: "David Wright" <dwright2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:11:01 -0800

Those were the old tube-machines....right?

I am all for new functions, etc...  But I do not like adding redundancy...
So far I have not seen any reason to add something like +=.  The existing
functionality is just as easy, and IMO more readable anyhow...

If we are going to add functions, lets get some better API-wrapper
functionality...  Some programmable web-centric stuff (tcp, udp, ports,
etc)...  You name it...

I would rather expand with new functionality, not rehash the old stuff....