There is an API to change the user id of a job.  Why not do that?

I think that you must be calling the validity checker without calling the
command.  Is there a reason for that?

Why not pass the number like this: CALL CLPPGM '000001' (five zeros and a
digit one with the single quotes) to a CL program then have the CL program
do a CHGVAR into a DCL &NUM *DEC (6 0) then call the RPG program CALL RPGPGM
&NUM?

Create a new command RUNVLDCKR to run just the validity checker.  The new
command accepts a numeric value.  Then run the command "RUNVLDCKR
THENUMBER(1)".

I don't know you well enough to impugn your skills.  Please don't take
offense.  There will always be that one case where you have to call a
program effectively from the command line.  But this isn't that one case.

If you can't finesse a solution, use a bigger hammer.  Programming can be a
creative art form but Leonardo da Vinci still used a mallet when carving his
statues.  Unless there are more conditions, I don't see why you have to use
a 15,5 in this case.

Richard Jackson
mailto:richardjackson@richardjackson.net
http://www.richardjacksonltd.com