  • Subject: RE: data decimal error
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:21:14 -0500

Or use TESTN

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    Frank Kolmann

                    <FKolmann@netscap        To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com

                    e.net>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: data decimal
error
                    owner-rpg400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    10/20/00 02:23 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

I think that a decimal data error only happens
when the program tries to do a actual move to
a numeric field. If that is the case then you
can scan the large field for valid characters
ABC... abc... 01234... etc. and fix before
the move.
If the program crashes on open then you could
write a small program with (IGNDECERR(*yes))
call it before the crashing program and
pass it the large field and then do a scan.
You could even strip out the packed numerics.
I am not sure exactly when you get the error
so I cannot be more specific, but I am sure
IGNDECERR can give you the oppotunity to
gracefully recover. hmmm what about *PSSR

Frank Kolmann