  • Subject: Re: duplicate record Id's in multi user environment
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:39:11 -0500

I've used trigger programs to record the user, and the timestamp, into a
file.  After having been caught in error once today, I'd hate to give
misleading info again, but, you may want to test that the timestamp carried
out into the microsecond.  I am pretty sure, (notice the confidence lost?),
that there are some instances in which microsecond may not get filled in.
However I checked out my example and it seems fine.

                    "Peter Dow"

                    <pcdow@MailAndNew        To:     <RPG400-L@midrange.com>

                    s.com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: duplicate record
Id's in multi user environment
                    owner-rpg400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    10/12/00 12:08 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Hi Ray,

Job number + system time to the microsecond or + a sequence#? A common data
area that you can lock while it is being read, incremented, then updated?
Or
Paul's suggestion...

HTH,
Peter Dow