  • Subject: Re: Controlled ENDJOB of Interactive Pgm
  • From: jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 17:04:38 -0400

I believe a different job than your interactive jobs needs to issue the
ENDJOB command.

   Have a  NEP (never ending program) running in batch collecting
information of   "No.Activity"  from your Interactive Jobs.

   This NEP can wakeup every 15 - 20 minutes and collect this info.

    Issue the ENDJOB Commands against those Interactive Jobs.

    Say, .. you are 100 % sure you are running an RPG program that has
SHTDN and *PSSR Code

    The SHTDN Opcode will execute only and only if the program is running
and is part of the CALCS .... not in an endless wait condition

     .... Similarly the *PSSR will run if  there is a Program Exception
error  or it is invoked directly  .... not in an endless wait condition.

    If you are concern about truncated updates. Consider Journaling and
Commitment Control.
    How many Interactive Jobs ? How Many Files ? How Many Transactions ?
... Just the stuff that makes the computer go uhmmmmm

   I hope this helps

Jorge