  • Subject: OT: RE: Internet acronyms
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:46:25 -0400

Dan,

There's a mailing list called SHOTimes-L, for owners of Taurus SHO cars.
There's an acronym used there that I've not seen elsewhere, "AWA".  This
stands for Audible Warning Alarm, a device used in fighter jets to alert the
pilot when he exceeds a pre-set speed.  In the SHOTimes context, it refers
to the occupant of the passenger seat, presumably the driver's significant
other.  I know I can always count on my AWA going off when I have a little
too much fun in the SHO... <grin>

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC