  • Subject: Re: arangeing 10 fields
  • From: "Chris Beck" <CBeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:35:28 -0600

Thanks it worked great!

>>> cbalajivk@hotmail.com 02/11/00 04:57PM >>>
if U are comfi with array and data structure here is solution

Step 1 :  move the fields which comes in, into the array say ARRAY1.

Step 2 : Init second array ARRAY2 to blanks

         Subscript of ARRAY1 = X ; ARRAY2 = Y

Step 3 : X = 1 ; y = 0

Step 4 : DOW X < = total_elem

--->>>   IF   ARRAY1(X) > *blanks  ( this is the catch)

          y = y +1

          eval ARRAY2(Y) = ARRAY1(X)

          endif

          x = x + 1

          enddo

the if condition would allow non blank elements to be moved to the result
array. now the result array will have only non blank elements consecutively.

try it and let me know

Thanks :)