  • Subject: Re: Objects and Source
  • From: John Hall <jhall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 20:24:41 -0500

Ken you may find this hard to believe but we use almost the exact same
library structure.  The only difference I can see is that the template
files for qtemp are not in the database library.  We had problems with
some people doing improper overrides and writing data to the template
file.

One of the data areas in our database library is called TESTENV  and is
either a 1 or a 0.  This
can be retrieved to alter processing for test purposes.  For example one
of our processes FTP's a file to an outside vendor.  When the program
reaches that point it checks the TESTENV to see if it should really send
the file.  Our CPYLIB procedure automatically forces TESTENV to 1 on a
copy.

This setup works very well.