I think Buck has a point.  The time opcode's precision is to the nearest
millisecond.  TFM says about the time opcode and timestamps (V4r3):

"If the Result field is a Timestamp field, the last 3 digits in the
microseconds part is always 000."

I learned this one when playing with the random number API trying to use the
microsecond portion of a timestamp as a seed.

Don't know about the SQL timestamp.

A mind is a terrible thing to use.

Joel Fritz