  • Subject: RE: QWVOLAGP API and CWBRXD window
  • From: "David Morris" <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:48:17 -0700

Richard,

I have always used them together.  You open a list and
then use the list processing APIs to retrieve your records.
If you specify a number of records that exceeds the number
you expect to have returned, you could probably get away
without using the retrieve list entry API, but that is not
going to gain you very much.  Once you are done with a list
you will want to call the close list API to end the server.

The QGY... retrieve list entry API just retrieves elements
from a list that is being built.  The list is built in a
separate process.  You use the status codes returned in the
list header to determine how many list entries are available
and whether the list is complete (or in error).  Once you are
done, you close the list.

Like I said, I don't have any code specific to the activation
group lists, but the general processing should be the same
for any type of list. I don't have any code here at work that
uses a list so I can't post that but here are some structures
that define the common list fields and the close/retrieve
record API calls.  Take a look at this and let me know if you
have any more questions.  I will try to remember to forward
an example of how these are used.

 **********************************
 * Close List of Objects API call *
 **********************************
DAPIQGYCLst       PR                  EXTPGM('QGY/QGYCLST')
D PR_LstHnd                      4A   CONST                                List
handle.
D PR_APIErr                           LIKE(APIERR) OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
Error structure.
 *********************************
 * Open List of Objects API call *
 *********************************
DAPIQGYGtLE       PR                  EXTPGM('QGY/QGYGTLE')                Get
list entry.
D PR_LstEnt                  32767A   OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                    List
entires.
D PR_LstEntSiz                  10I 0 CONST
Available size.
D PR_LstHnd                      4A   CONST                                List
handle.
D PR_LstInf                     80A                                        List
information.
D PR_RtnEntCnt                  10I 0 CONST
Return entry count.
D PR_StrRcd                     10I 0 CONST
Starting entry.
D PR_APIErr                           LIKE(APIERR) OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
Error structure.

DLstInf           DS
D LICnt                               LIKE(QGYTR)
Total Records.
D LIRtnCnt                            LIKE(QGYRRTN)
Records Retd.
D LIHnd                               LIKE(QGYRH)
Request Handle.
D LIRcdSiz                            LIKE(QGYRL)
Record Length.
D LICmp                               LIKE(QGYIC)                          Info
Complete.
D LIDatTim                            LIKE(QGYDTC)                         Date
Time.
D LISts                               LIKE(QGYLSI)                         List
Status.
D Reserved01                          LIKE(QGYRSV1)
Reserved 1.
D LISiz                               LIKE(QGYRTNIL)                       Info
Length.
D LIFstRcd                            LIKE(QGYFBR)
First Record.
D Reserved02                          LIKE(QGYRSV2)
Reserved 2.
 /COPY QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC,QGYGTLE

David Morris

>>> richard.hartman@brctsg.com 01/18/00 07:21AM >>>
The information that I have, says that the QWVOLAGP API generates a list of
all activation groups and their attributes for a specific job. It says the
APIs that start with QGY just retrieve more records. I am having a hard time
understanding, how they all work together.
Does the list processing APIs (start with QGY) also return information about
the activation groups for a specific job?

Thanks in advance.
Richard