  • Subject: RE: EXFMT with a timer
  • From: Scott Mildenberger <Smildenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:10:24 -0700

You can do this.  Steps are:
Code the invite keyword at the record level in the display file.
Either create the display file with waitrcd(30) for the 30 second timeout,
or use ovrdspf to accomplish, we use the ovrdspf so as not to worry about
display file being recreated without the waitrcd(30).
On the f spec in the RPG put maxdev(*file) for RPG IV or for RPG400
FCC8000D1CF  E                    WORKSTN      KNUM        1
                                                 KINFDS  INFDS

For RPG400 you need the INFDS data structure to get the *status subfield.

Then in the program, replace the exfmt with a write and a read.  For RPGIV
do a read(e) then after the read if %error is set and %status = 1331 then
the display timed out.  For RPG400 put the Lo indicator on the read to
detect the error.  If this indicator is *on and the status subfield from the
INFDS is 1331 then the display timed out.

Once you do this once it is pretty simple.  If you need more help, send me
an e-mail.  I can dig up some working examples, just don't have handy at the
moment.

Scott Mildenberger