  • Subject: Re: No "u" or "ur" PLEASE! (was CPYTOPCD)
  • From: "Sherry McMahon" <smcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:07:46 -0600

I think I was giving AKK the benefit of the doubt in assuming English was
his second language and thought he did doing pretty darned good with it.  As
someone still trying to master this language my hat is off anyone who can
successfully tackle a second, third or fourth.  And I was waiting for your
reply to his question.  I have only five years of experience and get very
uncomfortable when I'm treated as the senior programmer.  I consider myself
still at entry level because I have so much to learn yet.  This mailing list
is a wonderful source of information and an asset to me in my work.  But
I've noticed that some on the mailing list come down pretty hard on those of
us who don't have the level of experience the majority of you have.  I don't
say this by way of criticism but just trying to say, bear with us, what may
be silly, no-bainer questions to someone of your experience is usually
something we need to know but have no one else but those on this list to
ask.  There I go assuming again, that I'm not the only one in the position
that books, the internet and this mailing list are my only sources of
solving my AS/400 problems.

This was not meant to offend anyone. Please don't take it as that.

Sherry McMahon