  • Subject: Re: Humorous Enhancements. I ain't amused.
  • From: John P Carr <jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:35:17 -0400

>>     C   99      1         IFEQ 1
>>     C* Other code
>>     C                     END
>> There is all kinds of ugly stuff floating around with roots in legacy
>> limitations.

> This has, for some reason, really urked me just now!!! This freakin'
> buzzword, "Legacy", is just about to make me a day trader.
> In this specific case, the word is totally out of context...in fact, quite
> amatuerish. Stupid logic has nothing to do with legacy. I promise you,
> there are at least as many programmers today, if not more, who write this
> !@#$% crap as they did 20 years ago. Why do you think Windows
> SUCKS????????!!!!!!!!!!!
> Wynn Osborne@wynn

Ah, that's what I was getting at when in reference to CF's I said;

"" Will CF's make RPG more readable/maintainable??
If you really believe this one,  I have some choice
property for you to  invest in.   If a person is a sloppy
programmer and writes ugly code,   It don't make no
difference Jack,  what language that programmer uses,
it's going to look #@$%ing ugly. ""

Whether it was 15 years ago or 15 minutes ago

Lets start a new movement,

Stampout Ugly Code  - SUC

Our motto should be
" I don't care if it runs,  It's @#$%ing Ugly,   Get Rid of It !!  "