  • Subject: Re: Testing procedures
  • From: "Sherry McMahon" <smcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:28:44 -0500

<One thought might be to have an "observer" of importance from the next
<division present with you during this division's changes so s/he could see
<what happens in real time.  That way, when you show up at their plant you
<will have an ally of sorts.  just a thought.

A wonderful idea but no one available to fill that position.  When it comes
to user testing, I've read the books, been to the sites, have an idea of
what I should do but haven't the faintest about how to go about it.

I met with the people for the user testing of my second division today.  I
used the experience with the testing of my first division to ask what I hope
are the right questions  this time.  Actually I told them about the things
that happened last week and asked if they had any ideas on how we could
avoid a situation like that with their division. A lazy, coward's way of
doing it, I know, but they came up with their own check list with just a few
suggestions from me.  I think it just may work.  I'm hoping by making up
their own game plan it might be followed a little more carefully.

Now to come up with a nicely worded sign-off form.  Has anyone made use of
these in their testing?  And have time to post how they worded theirs?

Once again, thanks in advance,
Sherry McMahon