  • Subject: Re: QUSRSPLA API
  • From: alan shore <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 15:39:54 -0400

Bruce - thanks for the information. I did find that info in the online V3R7
System API Reference, but when I attempted to use it, I found that the
Offset to user-defined option (decimal offset 1144) = Number of user defined
option returned (decimal offset 1148) = Length of user-defined option entry
(decimal offset 1144) = 77952576, whether or not the spool file  contained any
entries to the user defined options within the spool file attributes.
Again if anybody knows how to do this - or may guess what I am doing wrong,
help is appreciated.

>>> <bvining@VNET.IBM.COM> 10/01 10:03 AM >>>
QUSRSPLA returns the User Defined Options as an array of Char fields.
The array is accessed in SPLA0100 by using Offset to user-defined options
(decimal offset 1144), Number of user-defined options returned (decimal
offset 1148), and Length of user-defined option entry (decimal offset
1152).  Or in SPLA0200 the data is returned at 3448, 3452, and 3456
respectively.  This information does appear to be available in the
online V3R7 System API Reference.

Bruce Vining