Hi David,
I am also running a Synology NAS model DS918+
This one happens to be 4 bays.  I like it very much.  I have had no
trouble with it.  I happen to be running 3 - 6tb drives.  There is a ton
of software you can run on it.
Gary Kuznitz
On 24 Apr 2020 at 22:33, Dan (Dan <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about Re: [PCTECH] Home NAS suggestions?:
> Hi David,
>
> Don't know if you've found a replacement yet, but I've been very happy
with
> my Synology NAS, even though it's either their entry-level line or close
> it.  I know they have a lot of models with 4 bays or more.  Can't answer
> whether they offer the other features you mentioned.  This is my second
> NAS, BTW, after a really disappointing experience with WD's Live Book
Duo