I know. I'm glad it works for you.

The reason I'm teasing you is that I often see unreadable scripts that have been abandoned by the developer who wrote them and the rest of the world doesn't understand them.

For BAT file programming that's probably a simple script, but it doesn't look very readable without some education in BAT file programming which most mortals don't possess or have long forgotten 😊

If I were writing this I probably would have chosen something a like PowerShell, VB or C# where I can make the script a little more English-like and more granular and document the heck out of it with tons of commentary. Copious amounts of documentation are mandatory to me for anything I write as well so when I'm gone the intent of my programming hopefully isn't....

Also I am a little biased these days on automation tools like Automate because they make these types of tasks drop-dead simple with drag-and-drop development.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 3
date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 22:03:42 -0400
from: mlazarus <mlazarus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [PCTECH] Recommendations for a Windows file delete
utility

Richard,

It did take a bit of research and testing to get it to where I wanted it to be. The vast majority of the code is for the error checking and the logging and comments.

If I wanted to remove that functionality and the ability to recurse subdirectories the entire DelFiles.bat script would be ONE line.

-mark